Difference between DeoxIT® M260 & L260 Grease
What is the difference between the DeoxIT® Grease M260 and L260 Grease (paste)?
Once you know what your requirements are, the basics for making a decision become easier. The grease(s) come in the following formulas:
LITHIUM based - More stable at higher temperatures, and more tacky
MINERAL based - More lubricating.
The grease(s) come with or without particles. Particles may be conductive or non-conductive, and are as follows:
1. Copper particles: Abrasive & conductive;
2. Graphite particles: Excellent lubricant with heat absorption and conductivity;
3. Quartz particles: Not conductive, but abrasive;
4. Graphite & Quartz particles combination;
5. Aluminum particles: Can be made if required
6. Aluminum/Copper particles combination (the norm for increased stability).
The L260 (lithium based) grease also has underwater applications.
DeoxIT® GOLD (formerly ProGold)
DeoxIT® GOLD GxL (formerly ProGold GxL)
DeoxIT® SHIELD (formerly PreservIT)
DeoxIT® FaderLube (formerly CaiLube MCL)
DeoxIT® FaderGrease (formerly CaiLube MCL P20 & P40)
DeoxIT® Grease Type M260 & L260 Paste (formerly CaiLube Grease).