Water based corrosion inhibitor recommendation
We are looking for a water-based corrosion inhibitor for electro-galvanized steel. The inhibitor will be applied by dipping after the last wash step of the plating process. After drying, the inhibitor should not introduce particulate matter into the system.
Our goal is to pass an 80% relative humidity, 60 °C, 21 day exposure test.
I would like to emphasize that the inhibitor must be non-oily, permanent and dry, without leaving a residue on the surface. Dusts or particulate matter may cause static electricity inside the disc drive and lead to failure.
This is for a high-volume semiconductor application, where the electrogalvanized steel will be exposed to indoor atmospheric environments around the world.
The CaiShield S7 product is oil-based, but to accomplish your humidity testing goals, a water-based product simply will not be able to function optimally.
If you apply the CaiShield S7 in a mixture of 95% solvent to 5% CaiShield S7 in the 100% solution, about 98% of it will evaporate, leaving 2% as a protective shield.