Vehicle Simulators - Contact Treatment
I am a service technician for a company that produces vehicle simulators. Many of these simulators are on mobile platforms that are exposed to dampness, dust, vibration, etc., that can wreck havoc on the computer contacts.
I have been using DeoxIT® GOLD as both a cleaner and preservative with very good results, but wonder if there would be an advantage to switching to DeoxIT® SHIELD as the preservative. These are standard ISA and PCI computer connectors.
Your environment is pretty inhospitable, therefore the DeoxIT® SHIELD is absolutely necessary. Before applying DeoxIT® SHIELD, make sure all the oxidation is removed from the pins.
To accomplish that, do the following:
1. Apply DeoxIT® contact cleaner to the contact surface, and allow it to remain on the surface overnight, if possible.
2. The following day, remove whatever contaminants have been lifted by the treatment with lint-free swabs or cloths.
3. Repeat process, if necessary;
4. Once the swab or cloth picks up no further contamination (indicated by discoloration on the swab or cloth), apply a small amount of DeoxIT® GOLD.
5. In 10 minutes or so, finish with DeoxIT® SHIELD.
DeoxIT® GOLD (formerly ProGold)
DeoxIT® SHIELD (formerly PreservIT)
DeoxIT® FaderLube (formerly CaiLube MCL)
DeoxIT® Grease Type M260 & L260 Paste (formerly CaiLube Grease).