DeoxIT GOLD vs Gold Guard
What is the difference between CAIG's DeoxIT® GOLD and Chemtronics' Gold Guard?
1. Will not clean or deoxidize surfaces. The only solvent is alcohol;
2. Will not penetrate the plating;
3. Has no migration ability - Vibration will prevent the solution from continuing to maintain the benefits of the lubrication on the metal parts, because it cannot re-seal moving surfaces when necessary.
1. Deoxidizes and cleans the surface metal completely;
2. Penetrates plated metal surface;
3. Migrates on metal to re-seal moving surfaces, as necessary, therefore vibration will not prevent the solution from continually lubricating the metal parts as they are exposed.
4. Abrasion caused by continual insertion & de-insertion of plugs into sockets, is eliminated. DeoxIT® GOLD migrates from the receptor to the plug, thereby lubricating both parts of the equipment.
Note on LUBRICANTS:
A. Other manufacturers use: Tweek; Stabilizer 22 or Monsanto as a lubricant;
B. *CAIG uses - a customized, proprietary formula.
DeoxIT® GOLD (formerly ProGold)
DeoxIT® SHIELD (formerly PreservIT)
DeoxIT® FaderLube (formerly CaiLube MCL)
DeoxIT® Grease Type M260 & L260 Paste (formerly CaiLube Grease).