DeoxIT® DeoxIT® GOLD vs Products Containing Polyphenyl Ether
Similarities of DeoxIT®/DeoxIT® GOLD and products containing polyphenyl ethers:
1) All are all metal contact/connector enhancers - improve conductivity.
2) They are all good lubricants and protectants.
Differences of DeoxIT®/DeoxIT® GOLD and products containing polyphenyl ethers:
1) DeoxIT® and DeoxIT® GOLD are excellent cleaners (without the use of solvents or aggressive cleaning agents). Not similar to flushing type contact cleaners, DeoxIT®/DeoxIT® GOLD dissolve oxidation on metal surfaces. This is especially important on older equipment and equipment exposed to severe environments (humidity, salt, and other contaminants). Dissolving oxidation lowers contact resistance, thereby increasing conductivity even more.
2) DeoxIT®/DeoxIT® GOLD are ideal for moving and stationary connections. DeoxIT®/DeoxIT® GOLD are designed to re-coat surfaces that are disturbed (by vibration) or connections that are re-inserted many times (edge connectors, plugs/sockets).
Polyphenyl ethers are more solid and require re-application if the connection is disturbed or changed. This becomes very important in high vibration applications (equipment and systems with moving parts, transportation, aviation, etc.).
Following any disturbance or vibration, DeoxIT®/DeoxIT® GOLD will re-coat the surface. There is also no need to treat 100% of the connection. If 80% of the metal surface is treated, the DeoxIT®/DeoxIT® GOLD will spread and seal the other 20%. In fact, if a plug is treated, but the socket is inaccessible, the DeoxIT®/DeoxIT® GOLD will migrate (along the metal surfaces only) and treat/seal the socket.
3) DeoxIT®/DeoxIT® GOLD work well with similar and dissimilar metals.
Many metal treatments require that both surfaces be of the same materials to provide maximum effectiveness. DeoxIT®/DeoxIT® GOLD are formulated to be effective on all metal surfaces, similar and dissimilar.
4) DeoxIT®/DeoxIT® GOLD are available in many convenient applicators.
Sprays are offered for convenience, as well as affording a way to get to hard-to-reach areas. Since our concentrates are very cost effective, sprays become a very convenient option. Other versions include pens, wipes, needle dispensers, etc. Many applicators are offered in 100% and 5% formulations.
For reference, when our part number has "100" in the number, that represents 100% concentrate, (i.e., D100L-25C, D100S-2, the DeoxIT® needle dispenser and 100% spray, for example).
When the part number includes a "5", that represents 5% of the concentrate and 95% of a flushing solvent, (i.e., G5S-6, G5L-25C, the DeoxIT ® GOLD spray and needle dispenser, for example).
Flushing solvents, as offered in the 5% solutions, are ideal for displacing surface contamination (oil, grease, dust, etc.) and may be required for certain applications.
When the part number includes an "N", that represents 5% of the concentrate and 95% of a fast evaporating, non-drip solvent, (i.e., DN5S-6, GN5MS-15, the DeoxIT® DN5 spray and the DeoxIT® GOLD GN5 minispray, for example)..
5) Exceptionally cost effective to use, DeoxIT® and DeoxIT® GOLD are considerably less costly than products containing polyphenyl ethers or other similar polymers.